There are many illnesses or injuries that can cause painful hand conditions. These can be due to:
1. Nerve damage or neuropathy
2. Radiation therapy to combat cancer
3. Diabetes that effect the nerves in your limbs
4. Multiple Sclerosis that cause the nerves in the hands to become damaged
5. Raynaud’s Syndrome which starves the hand of blood and oxygen
6. Carpal tunnel syndrome.
If you have hand pain, you should consult with a medical specialist who will help determine the cause of your pain. A neurologist can test the sensitivity of your hand to discover what nerves are involved and may recommend an EMG, a nerve conduction study test. Testing can include x rays, MRI’s, CT Scans and even blood tests.
You should get professional care if you have a hand problem. And, if your physician has told you that you are unable to work as a result of a hand problem, you should apply for Social Security Disability benefits. The Social Security Disability process can be confusing and the Social Security Administration doesn’t make it easy to get the Social Security Disability benefits that you deserve. If your Social Security Disability claim for hand benefits has been denied. Contact Tampa Social Security Disability attorney Nancy Cavey at 727.894.3188.