Simply click on the helpful link below to be taken to the appropriate page. The links are designed to help with disability and social security questions you might have.
The organizations and links listed on this page are intended to provide assistance with finding a healthcare provider and offer resources that may help you cope with your disability.
The Law Offices of Nancy L. Cavey provides these resources to you. We want to help you secure the benefits you deserve. Call us today for a FREE evaluation of your case 727-894-3188.
Long Term Disability ERISA and Private Disability Insurance Claims
- Aetna Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance Page: Aetna offers a variety of services to help your employees on long-term disability get back to work. Services can include: Vocational rehabilitation
Behavioral health/employee assistance
Physician review Case management
24-hour access to Web-based, industry-leading analytical and operational absence program information
Efficient payment processing system with tax rates consistently updated
A seamless transition of cases from short-term disability to long-term disability if you combine coverage for both with Aetna
- Aetna Personal Long Term Disability Main Page: A serious injury or illness can keep you out of work. For a long time. With no paychecks coming in. Are you prepared for that? Our disability plans protects your income when you need it most. Disability coverage gives you have some income so you can focus on getting better, if possible. Aetna offers both short term and long-term disability income protection.
- Cigna Long Term Disability Insurance Main Page: CIGNA Long-Term Disability insurance helps members ensure a continued flow of income if you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to an illness or injury. This way members will be able to continue to pay bills and can focus on getting well. Benefits of the plan include: Income protection when unable to work Initial Claim Denial Fast, hassle-free claim service Return-to-work support and incentives Disability claim appeal
- Cigna Short Term Disability Terms:Cigna Offers the consumer a look at Short Term disability claims. Take a look and found out what you need.
- Disability Income Insurance from Mass Mutual: If you are like most people, you have insurance on your house, your car and other items of value. But, you may have overlooked protecting what is often your most valuable asset – your ability to generate an income. The same income that allows you to accumulate, and pay for, the other assets you hold dear. Disability income insurance helps protect a portion of your income and provides a fundamental layer of security for your financial future.
- Disability insurance less popular than life but can be more important: “Much less disability insurance is sold in this country than life insurance,” said John Grogan, director of disability benefits for Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee. “But anyone who relies on income to support his family needs it.”
- Disability Resources in Florida: List and Index of Disability Resources in Florida from DisabilityResources.org
- Fibromyalgia Educational Resource ProHealth: Whether you’ve recently been diagnosed or have been living with fibromyalgia for years, this is the place you want to be. It’s a ‘patient-powered’ site, which means folks just like you keep it going, with information, conversations and support. And of course ProHealth keeps you up-to-date with current news on research and treatment, and input from the world’s leading Fibromyalgia experts.
- File your claim online with Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability Insurance: MyLibertyClaim.com is a web-based tool offered by Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a member of the Liberty Mutual Group, accessible only to our Group Market customers and their employees. If you are currently absent from work, or expect to be absent from work, you can use this site to securely and conveniently notify Liberty Life of your Claim or Leave. You can also use this site to submit Evidence of Insurability and download a Medical Authorization form.
- ING Employee Benefits and Long Term Disability Insurance: ING Employee Benefits has 25 years of experience managing disabilities. It offers a wide variety of disability income insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of employees and the human resource and risk management needs of employers. Its approach is to provide income protection and case management in a fully integrated program that emphasizes collaboration among claim specialists and rehabilitation experts, the health care professional and the employer and employee for a timely return to work. In addition to its traditional employer-paid option, it offers voluntary LTD products, an employee buy-up option and special plan designs targeting mid-sized (50-500 employees) companies.
- ING Employee Benefits Claim Management Login: ING Employee Benefits understands the importance of technology and the efficiencies that it offers. We are proud to enhance our broad array of group and voluntary benefits with a variety of online services that support product delivery and administration.
- Insure.com Helpful Disability Information: Insure.com offers helpful articles and statisitics about disability claims both long term and short term.
- Learn About Fibromyalgia: Learn about Fibromyalgia and Chronic Widspread Pain
- Lincoln Financial Group Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance: Lincoln Financial Group Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance gives employees the security of knowing that if they become disabled, replacement income is available to help carry them financially through that period without seriously affecting their present lifestyle or jeopardizing their dreams for the future. This policy contains exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and/or terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. Products and product features may vary by state.
- Mass Mutual Online Claim Filing and Claim Denial Management: Disability Income Insurance policyholders may use this site to submit an Internet request. At this time, policy-specific information is not accessible.
- MetLife Long Term Disability Income Insurance: Today, MetLife insures and administers coverage including disability insurance, life insurance, and automobile and property insurance. In 1996, it merged with New England Mutual to expand its traditional middle-income customer base to include a higher-income clientele. In 2005, MetLife also acquired Travelers Life & Annuity and a substantial amount of Citigroup’s international insurance businesses for $12 billion.
- New York Life Long Term Disability Income Insurance Calculator: One of the most common causes of income loss is through a disability. While most disabilities cause only temporary loss of income, any income loss can be devastating if you are not financially prepared. This calculator helps you determine how much disability insurance you may need to cover expenses during such a disability.
- NorthWestern Mutual Life Disability Insurance Main Page: Whether it’s supporting your daily living expenses today or funding your retirement savings for tomorrow, your ability to earn an income is your most important financial asset. Many people purchase life insurance to protect their families should they die prematurely. But according to data from the Society of Actuaries, people in their working years run a greater risk of being disabled for 90 days or more than they do of dying. We don’t often realize how easy it is to become disabled. Most people think disabilities are caused by accidents, when in reality the majority of disabilities are caused by illness.
- Ouch! Don’t forget disability insurance: NEW YORK (CNN/Money) – Buying disability insurance probably ranks low on your financial to-do list. After all, if you’re young and healthy and you work at a desk job, what are the odds you’re going to need it? WELL THINK AGAIN?
- People are talking about disability insurance online -join the discussion today!: Forums About:
company questions and concerns
claim advice agent
forum news and information
- Quadrino Shwartz LTD Attorneys: “First Unum’s conduct in denying Doe’s claim was entirely inconsistent with the company’s public responsibilities and with its obligations under the Policy. This is not the first time that First Unum has sought to avoid its contractual responsibilities, and an examination of cases involving First Unum and Unum Life Insurance Company of America, which like First Unum is an insuring subsidiary of Unum Provident Corporation, reveals a disturbing pattern of erroneous and arbitrary benefits denials, bad faith contract misinterpretations, and other unscrupulous tactics. These cases suggest that segments that have run in recent years on “60 Minutes” and “Dateline,” alleging that Unum Provident “regularly declines disability claims as a way of boosting profits,” may have been accurate. See Edward D. Murphy, Unum Corp. Retirees Feeling a “Sense of Loss,” Portland Press Herald, Apr. 29, 2003, at 1C. This Court cannot tell whether First Unum and other Unum Provident companies are considered pariahs in the industry, or whether their ability to retain customers is a result of low prices, market inefficiency, or other factors. In either case, employers have a duty to select insurers for their employees with care, and to avoid hiring insurers with reputations for shoddy and hostile claims administration, although it may well be that suits based on violation of this duty are preempted under ERISA.”
- Sun Life Group Long Term Disability: At the heart of every successful long term disability plan is expert claims management. And that’s what you get with Sun Life Financial Employee Benefits Group. Every process, system and benefit analyst is focused on managing claims thoroughly and properly. Our investment in innovative claims management practices and industry-leading technology allows us to best serve claimants and their employers.
- United States Department of Labor ERISA Information: The United States Department of Labor helps explain ERISA with other information about the act.
- Unum Long Term Disability Claim Filing Registration: Register for Unum’s secure internet services for individuals, employees and their families. File your claim online with Unum. All Provident and Paul Revere insurance policies will be filed with Unum
- Unum Long Term Disability Main Page: Even though Kurt and Jane have two incomes, they need both of their paychecks to cover the bills every month. They know that a serious illness or accident could keep one — or both — from working for months. And they know that losing a paycheck could threaten everything they’ve worked for if they are unprepared. Unum long term disability benefit pays a percentage of your gross monthly salary if you cannot work due to a covered injury or illness. The Unum Group has 10,000 employees worldwide and is the largest disability insurer in the U.S. Their subsidiaries cover 44% of the employees of the Fortune 500 with group disability plans. The Group was formed after Provident purchased Paul Revere in 1997 and then Unum merged with Provident in 1999. The name of the new company, in 1999, was UnumProvident Corpporation. After bad publicity following the company’s regulatory settlement agreement to reassess hundreds of thousands of disability claim terminations and denials, the name was changed to “Unum”.
Social Security Disability (SSD)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society SSD Information: National MS Society MS-related disability information Website
- Social Security Disability Benefits Law Blog: Great Information about Florida Social Security Disability Benefits
- US Social Security Administration: The Offical Website of the US Social Security Administration
Florida Berkshire Insurance Disability Denied Attorney
- Berkshire Contact Page: Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America
700 South Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Berkshire Employer Paid Insurance: If you own or manage a business, you know your day-to-day involvement is vital to its success. An illness or injury could jeopardize your organization’s success and threaten your financial security. Protect your income, protect your key employees’ income and protect the business itself from the financial effects of disability.Take a look at the coverage we offer to keep your business up and running even if you’re not.
- Birkshire Personal Disability Insurance: Your organization’s group disability insurance may not be enough to cover your expenses throughout a long-term disability. In fact, if you’re highly compensated, it’s likely that your group disability benefit does not provide an adequate level of income protection. Learn how how individual disability insurance can help protect your income when a disabling illness or injury keeps you out of work.Chances are, if you’re injured or too sick to work, you’re living on less and contributing little or nothing to your retirement fund. Find out how you can help protect your retirement-plan contributions-as well as those made by your employer-during a total disability.
- Guardian Disability Insurance is Offered Through Berkshire: When a disability leaves you unable to work for an extended length of time, you lose the ability to earn an income- the one thing you’ve always relied on to provide for yourself and your loved ones. Meanwhile, your living expenses continue-in fact, they’re likely to increase for a number of reasons. You could need help around the house or have higher medical expenses, for example. That’s where disability income insurance (DI) comes in. It’s designed to help you maintain your standard of living when you cannot work. If you don’t have much in the way of assets for a financial cushion, you need enough to cover costs and supplement your income until you can go back to work. Disability income insurance is needed by just about everyone who earns a living. Surprisingly, single people often need it more than married couples because they don’t have a spouse’s income to fall back on if they are injured or become too sick to work. On the other hand, most married people have a hard time imagining what it would be like to live on one salary when they barely get by on two. And unfortunately, disability strikes more often than you may think.
Carrier Claims – View By Carrier
- Prudential Insurance Company: The Prudential Insurance Company of America official Website
Hartford Claims Denied
- Hartford Disability Insurance Claim Center: Contact Information For Reporting a Long Term Disability Claim 1-800-303-9744
Email a LTD Claim Specialist – GBD-ATL-STDAdmin@hartfordlife.com
- Hartford Employee Disability Insurance: A disability can happen to anyone. Pregnancy, an accident or an illness can turn into months out of work. So, how do you keep all of those bills paid in the meantime? If you’re coping with a disability there are all kinds of resources you can tap into like return-to-work info, de-stress tips and more. No one understands what living with a disability is like. Until it’s their challenge. Hear about people who’ve been there, done that and lived to shine. You’ll never say never again.
- The Hartford at Work – Online Claim Management: Manage your Long Term Disability claim. Denied benefits assistance.
- American Fibromyalgia Syndrome Association: The American Fibromyalgia Syndrome Association
- American Cancer Society: Get help making treatment decisions, understanding the effects of treatment, finding treatment centers and doctors, coping with side effects, and talking with others.
- Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome Association of America: Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS), myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and by other names, is a complex and debilitating chronic illness that affects the brain and multiple body systems. On this portion of our website you can find detailed information about CFS, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, important research findings and how it affects the lives of those who live with it everyday.
- Hypertension Education Foundation: The mission of the Hypertension Education Foundation is to improve health and possibly save lives by generating and distributing information about hypertension and by promoting research and teaching in the field of hypertension.
- MS Awareness Week Website: Learn about MS Awareness Week from the official site of MS Awareness Week
- National Institute of Mental Health: The mission of National Institute of Mental Health NIMH is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery and cure.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS): The mission of NINDS is to reduce the burden of neurological disease – a burden borne by every age group, by every segment of society, by people all over the world.
- National Organization on Disability (NOD: The mission of the National Organization on Disability (NOD) is to expand the participation and contribution of America’s 54 million men, women and children with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- WIC – Women, Infants, and Children) and Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children or better know as the WIC Program serves to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, & children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
Florida Social Security Disability Lawyer Index
- Mike Murburg PA: The Mike Murburg PA Law firm is a Tampa based Social Security disability law firm.
SSA District Offices & ODARS
- Social Security District Office: Bradenton, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
329 6th Ave West
Bradenton, FL 34205
Telephone: (941) 748-1753
- Social Security District Office: Carolwood, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
14497 N. Dale Marby
Tampa, FL 33618
Telephone: (813) 269-0223
- Social Security District Office: Ocala, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
217 SE 1st Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471
Telephone: (352) 629-1850
- Social Security District Office: Orlando, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
80 N. Hughley Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Telephone: (407) 648-6673
- Social Security District Office: Pinellas Park, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
10200 49 St N
Clearwater, FL 33762
Telephone: (727) 893-3510
- Social Security District Office: Port Richey, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
11435 US Highway 19
Port Richey, FL 34668
Telephone: (727) 819-1300
- Social Security District Office: Sarasota, FL – Click here for some important tips:: Social Security Administration
2001 Siesta Dr, Ste 301
Sarasota, FL 34239
Telephone: (941) 953-4716
- Social Security District Office: St. Petersburg, FL – Click here for some important tips: Social Security Administration
391 134th Street N
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Telephone: (727) 893-3176
- Social Security District Office: Tampa, FL – Click here for some important tips:: Social Security Administration
3415 E. Frontage Road
Tampa, FL 33607
Telephone: (813) 225-7017
- American Chronic Pain Association (ACPA): The Official Website for the American Chronic Pain Association
- American Lawyer Academy: The American Lawyer Academy (”ALA”) is an organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the legal profession throughout North America. Our membership consists of lawyers, solicitors, and barristers who have been selected as members of the organization based upon their legal skill, integrity, and reputation for professional competence in their own communities.
- American Pain Foundation: The Official Website for the American Pain Foundation
- Daytona Medical Malpractice Lawyer | Deland Personal Injury Attorney: If you have been seriously injured by a doctor, surgeon, nurse, hospital or clinic in Volusia County, Zimmet & Quarles has the answers to your questions. Before you hire a lawyer or sign any forms, get the free books and information provided by Zimmet & Quarles. Whether you have been hurt in Daytona Beach, Orange City, Deltona, Deland, Palm Coast, Port Orange or Ormond Beach, our free books are available to you before you make any decisions.
- Florida Child Injury Law Blog | Helpful Information for Child Injuries in Florida: Florida Child Injury Lawyer James W. Dodson Child Injury Blog | Helpful information for children who have been injured in Florida
- Florida Department of Children and Families: The ACCESS (Automated Community Connection to Economic Self-Sufficiency) website allows you to check your eligibility for food stamps, cash assistance, and medicaid, apply on-line for any of the aforementioned services, and view current benefits information
- Tampa SEO: Great Small Business Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. Custom WordPress Blogs and Web Marketing. Click the link above to learn more about marketing for your business.
- Lawyer Marketing Blog: Great Lawyer Marketing blog for lawyers and attorneys
- Lawyer Chat Software – ChatViaLegal.com offers a one of a kind Live Lawyer Chat experience with live video and audio chat for your law firm website.
- My Employment Options: Employment Options is a Certified Social Security Administration Employment Network specializing in The Ticket To Work Program
- National Foundation for the Treatment of Pain: The National Foundation for the Treatment of Pain Website.
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer: Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough Attorneys at Law – Personal Injury Lawyers: If you have been injured anywhere in the United States, contact Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough Injury Lawyers today!
- Online Incorporation Provider Reviews and News: Online incorporation provider reviews and news can be found at LegalSpring.com
- St. Pete Times Health News: Local News on health related issues.
- Tampa Bankuptcy Lawyer : Find a Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer now.
- St. Petersburg Bankruptcy Lawyer: St. Petersburg Bankruptcy Lawyers Sunshine State Bankruptcy Law Firm can help you with your Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy claims.
- TeachLawOnline: Lawyer Directory, Legal Marketing, and Web Design
- Port Richey Plumber : Find a Port Richey Plumber in Pasco County
- The New York Times Health Section: Health news from around the country. Disability articles, news and information.
- Tom Woodruff Florida’s West Coast Auto Accident Lawyer: Attorney Tom Woodruff hosts “Meeting By Accident” a live internet Radio Show on VoiceAmerica which can be heard on Tuesday’s 1pm Eastern Standard Time. www.voiceamerica.com. Tom has been representing injured people since 1969 and has offices through out the Tampa Bay area.
If you need help from a Law Firm in Another State:
Tax Attorney – Law office of Jeff Fouts represents victims of IRS audits and federal tax probes. Firm focus is on tax solutions to help stop the Internal Revenue Service harassment and remove tax liens against your property.Google+